Master’s in Communication
Are you interested in the phenomena of social networks on the Web, missions by Médecins Sans Frontières or the expansion of heavy metal music outside North America?
You could study all these topics and many more from the angle of communication.
The Master of Communication degree gives you the theory and analytical and methodological tools you need to study a subject that fascinates you.
Choose a self-directed program or one of the four following options in the Master of Communication (MSc) program:
- Organizational communication
- Media communication
- Political communication
- Political communication – International option
After the 1st fall term in the program, students will spend 2 terms with students from the Université Libre de Bruxelles, in Belgium in the winter term of the 1st year and in Quebec in the fall term of the 2ndyear. The 3 courses offered in Belgium are co-ordinated by the Département des sciences de l’information et de la communication at the Université Libre de Bruxelles.
The rest of the program is co-ordinated by the Department of Communication here at the Université de Montréal. This option is available only to students who are admitted in the fall term.
Questions about this program?
The + of studying Communication at the Université de Montréal!
- The Master’s in Communication program consists of 3 terms of lectures and seminars, followed by about 1 year spent writing a thesis or on a supervised project.
- The opportunity to forge valuable bonds with experienced and dedicated professors in the different seminars in an intimate and welcoming atmosphere that encourages instructive and enjoyable discussions.
- This degree is a major asset on the job market and also opens the door to a PhD in Communication.
- According to the firm QS, the Université de Montréal ranks among the top 100 universities in the world in communication and media studies.